My $1 Bet, 1,800+ AI Episodes, and a Sincere Invitation
I'm 70 years old. I'm an economist and a university professor.
And a couple of years ago, I made a rather unusual bet with my students.
Most of them are between 20 and 25 years old. They are digital natives. I am from a very different generation.
So I bet them $1 that I could start a YouTube channel about Artificial Intelligence and reach 2,500 subscribers by December 2026.
Well… here we are.
It's September 2026, and the channel has already passed 2,200 subscribers.
I'm getting close to winning that dollar.
But I'm not writing this just because of the bet.
I would genuinely like your help.
If Artificial Intelligence interests you, I'd like to invite you to explore my channel in a slightly different way.
Here are three simple things you can do:
- Subscribe to the channel and, if you find something useful, leave a like.
- Choose 3 to 5 episodes that match your interests. There are now more than 1,800 episodes in English and Spanish, covering AI, ChatGPT, LLMs, technology, productivity, business, and other emerging trends.
- Tell me what you really think. Leave a comment after listening. Tell me what you liked, what you didn't like, what was useful, or what could be improved.
You don't have to tell me that you liked an episode if you didn't.
I'd much rather receive an honest opinion than a compliment.
Why am I asking for this?
Because numbers can tell me how many people clicked, subscribed, or listened.
But numbers don't tell me why something was useful to you.
Your comments do.
I'm trying to understand what people from different generations, countries, and professional backgrounds actually want to learn about Artificial Intelligence.
That is much more valuable to me than simply increasing the number of subscribers.
This is a one-to-one invitation
I'm not asking you to spam your friends or share the channel everywhere.
I'd rather have one person genuinely interested in AI listen to a few episodes and tell me what they think than have dozens of people subscribe without ever listening.
So consider this a personal invitation.
Find a few episodes that interest you. Listen to them. And tell me honestly what you think.
If you tell me what subjects you're interested in, I can even recommend a few episodes for you.
And perhaps the most interesting part of the story...
At 70, I decided to learn something that is changing the world at an extraordinary speed.
My students grew up with smartphones, social media, and digital technology. I didn't.
They can teach me things.
And perhaps my generation can offer them something too: experience, curiosity, perspective, and the willingness to keep learning.
Maybe that's what this little experiment is really about.
So… will you help me win the $1 bet?
If you subscribe, listen to a few episodes, and leave an honest comment, you'll help me get a little closer to 2,500 subscribers.
But more importantly, you'll help me make the channel better.
And if you don't like an episode, please tell me that too.
At 70, I'm still learning. And honest feedback is one of the best teachers I have.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Podcast OscarAI
Listen in Spanish
Listen in English
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario